IPA Pronunciation: /amˈbɪɡjʊəs/
- open to more than one interpretation; not having one obvious meaning.
- doubtful or uncertain especially from obscurity or indistinctness.
- We were confused by the ambiguous wording of the message.
- The election result was ambiguous.
- Due to the ambiguous nature of the question, it was difficult to choose the right answer.
- He looked at her with an ambiguous smile.
double-barreled, arguable, doubtful, obscure, puzzling.
Rhymes with Ambiguous:
continuous, polygamous, rigorous, vigorous, conspicuous