Origin: 15 century old Latin. Late middle english from latin, ‘odorifer’.
IPA Pronounciation: odor·if·er·ous \ˌō-də-ˈri-f(ə-)rəs\
- Having an unpleasant smell or odor.
- Morally offensive ( odoriferous legislation)
ill-smelling, offensive, unsavory, stinky, malodorous.
- Shear butter is quite odoriferous to some people.
- an odoriferous pile of Fish.
- an odoriferous bag of garbage.
- The Fluton Fish Market made its odroriferous presence known.
Rhymes with Odoriferous:
Impostrous, maliferous,luciferous, acarus,corchorus,malodorous.