Origin: Late 16th century, from Latin abhorrent,
IPA Pronounciation: /abˈhôrənt,abˈhärənt/
1. Something horrible.
2. Something offensive to the mind.
abominable, replusive, awful, repellent, shocking, despicable, repugnant, horrible.
- As I looked around the filthy apartment, I had to wonder who could live in such abhorrent conditions.
- Racial discrimination was abhorrent to us all.
- Her abhorrent behavior got her sent out of the class.
- To most Christians, the idea of having an abortion is an abhorrent one.
Rhymes with Abhorrent:
Torrent, adherent, coherent, recurrent, concurrent, repugnant.